Thursday, April 17, 2014

Smogged in by a Dragon

Where was I for over a year? Hum, running around mongolia, walk among the clouds and on the sides managing a bunch of Chinese whome I never in my dreams thought I would end up managing.

Time I suppose is a prankster, the only one who seems to have eternal fun at our expense of course. What began as a contract to write SOPs, became a commitment to lead a bunch of Chinese into an adventure in modern training methods and team systems and such.

There is something touching about people who do not understand that when someone says, "I am on your side" they mean the exact opposite. And its even more touching when they turn back completely baffled and politely ask "why?". After working with some who took pride in their corporate bitchism, the refereshing honesty I find in China has allowed me to stand up finally to my full height, put my arms around my collegues and feel the warmth of people working together.

A year has gone by and I am yet again changed and reshaped by the hands of a dragon so fast that even I can't follow. But it should be ok, if all I feel is an anticipation for the next day right?

No comments: