Friday, November 16, 2007

The shape of my heart


The shape of my heart, or rather head that acts like a turbulent sea during an emotional storm, is a box. Its not just a box but a series of boxes. Every time I meet someone and get to know them enough to save in memory, they get a box; sort of a welcome kit. I put their specific content in the box and file it away. Now an important property of this box is that it can expand if the relationship grows; a phenomenon that rarely happens but when it does, I need the box to grow.


I notice that most people tend to try and replace people in their hearts (figurative). Now, there are two major disadvantages to this.



  • People already living in a plot wont like to quit. Ever tried to break up with a boyfriend or girlfriend and start afresh?

  • The unreasonable expectation that the person replacing the old one should fit into the space given for the previous owner.


I found this system too boring and annoyingly inefficient. So I came up with the infinity box system. All I have to do is create a new box and put them in there. The advantages of this system are:



  • You don't have to go to the trouble of hating someone or forgetting someone to create space inside one box.

  • When you want to ignore someone you just don't look up their box.

  • The organized boxes make it possible to keep relationships independent of each other. You don't have to follow the "my friends enemy is my enemy" rule.

  • Even though you keep relationships in a box, you are not inside a box. You are free and infinite like what we call God.

Now there is just one question you all want to know right? Where is the space? Well there is a whole lot of space left barren while we put ourselves inside the same single box with everyone else. Out of it you are free to govern your relationships with a clear head.

No comments: